2014 WM DPG Symposium
Show me Excellence: Gateway to Weight Management Success
The Symposium Committee thanks all of the 2014 WM DPG Symposium attendees.
Work planning for the 2015 WM DPG Symposium has begun…
We look forward to seeing you in Portland Oregon, April 17-19, 2015!
- 2014 WM DPG Symposium Handouts & Recordings
- Symposium Objectives
- Symposium Questions
- Symposium Sponsor Prospectus
2014 WM DPG Symposium – Access Session Audio Recordings
If you missed out on the excitement and networking of the 2014 WM DPG Symposium, you don’t have to miss out on the continuing education too. New this year, all symposium sessions were audio recorded and are available for purchase! Click the link below to see how you can get all 14 CPEUs.
2014 WM DPG Symposium Sessions List
Friday, March 21, 2014
|Get Up and Go! Strategies to Reduce Sedentary Behavior
Dale Bond, PhD, MS
|It’s a Family Affair: Effective Approaches to Childhood Obesity
Myles Faith, PhD
|Setting it up Right! Designing a Quality Pre-Operative Bariatric Program
Laura Andromalos, RD, LDN
|Energy Balance and Diabetes: Effective Eating Patterns
Patti Urbanski, MEd, RD, LD, CDE
|Weight: What’s the Gut Got to Do with It?
Christine Pelkman, PhD
Saturday, March 22, 2014
|Smart Snacking: Slimming Solutions for your Clients
The Almond Board of California
|GENIE: Your Nutrition Education Wishes have been Granted!
Katie Brown, EdD, RDN, LDN & Jenica Abram, MPH, RDN, LDN
|LOSE IT to WIN IT: Addressing Obesity at the Community Level
Raquel Pereira, MS, RD, LD
|The Gateway to Business Excellence
Ralph Beitz, PhD, MBA, MS
|Gold Rush! New Landscape of Payment Opportunities for YOUR Services
Marsha Schofield, MS, RD, LD
President, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Dr. Glenna McCollum, MPH, RDN
|You Can Do It Too! Top Ways RDs can use the Internet to Enhance Their Practice
Susan Burke March, MS, RDN, LDN, CDE
|Binge Eating Disorder and Weight Management: Redefining Healthy Weight
Mary Kuester, MA, RD
|Little People, Big Problem: Lessons from the Front Line of Childhood Obesity Treatment
Sara Pinson, RD & Angie Hasemann, RD, CSP
Sunday, March 23, 2014
|Merging Pharmacology Therapies into Weight Management
Louis Aronne, MD, FACP
|The Future is Now! Integrating Self-Monitoring into your Practice
Michele Doucette, PhD
|Calories: What’s the Right Mix for Weight Management?
Katherine Beals, PhD, RD, CSSD, FACSM & Susan Raatz, PhD, MPH, RD, FTO S
- Describe the outcomes of a variety of evidence-based weight management treatment options including individual counseling/coaching, group support, food plan variations, physical activity/exercise, medications and surgery.
- Identify considerations for specific target populations (e.g., culture, gender, age, ethnicity, health literacy, socioeconomic factors, disease state) that can play a role in weight management.
- Examine the impact of various technologies on the delivery and implementation of evidence-based approaches for weight management.
- Explore evidence-based adult and pediatric weight management strategies implemented in a variety of settings such as schools, worksites, faith-based organizations, health clubs and communities, as well as more traditional health care environments.
- Interactively discuss implementing evidence-based strategies into practice.