New to the WM DPG?
Symposium 2016 is the happening place to be!
Meet fellow colleagues working hard like you and realize the power in networking!
- 2016 Symposium
- 2016 Symposium Objectives
- 2015 Symposium
- 2015 Symposium Handouts & CPEUs
- 2015 Symposium Audio Recordings
- Purchase 2015 Symposium Audio Recordings
Get Ready for Symposium in Baltimore!
April 15-17, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency
Looking for speakers for the 2016 Symposium!
Request for Proposal - Information & Application Form
WM DPG is now accepting requests for speaker proposals for the 2016 Annual Symposium in Baltimore. Don’t miss your chance for free registration to attend. Submission deadline is July 20th.
Do you have outcomes you want to share with fellow weight management colleagues?
Call for Abstracts - Information & Application Form
Are you collecting outcomes for your practice or program and want the opportunity to showcase this experience? Then submit an abstract for a Poster Presentation at the 2016 WM DPG Symposium. Submission deadline is November 15th.
Talk to your employer about how you can attend Symposium in 2016!
Here’s what attendees said about attending our last Symposium in Portland
“My first WM DPG conference and totally impressed with everything: speakers, topics, meals/ snacks, exhibitors, hotel, respecting the schedule.”
“The variety of topics that were covered. It was not all just clinical-related topics. I like that there were practical applications to deliver the education related to weight management.”
“Very insightful, practical and it provided me with an opportunity to refine, explore, and define my next steps.” (attended Build your Niche pre-symposium workshop)
2016 Symposium Objectives
- Describe the outcomes of a variety of evidence-based weight management treatment options including individual counseling/coaching, group support, food plan variations, physical activity/exercise, medications and surgery.
- Identify considerations for specific target populations (e.g., culture, gender, age, ethnicity, health literacy, socioeconomic factors, disease state) that can play a role in weight management.
- Examine the impact of various technologies on the delivery and implementation of evidence-based approaches for weight management.
- Explore evidence-based adult and pediatric weight management strategies implemented in a variety of settings such as schools, worksites, faith-based organizations, health clubs and communities, as well as more traditional health care environments.
- Interactively discuss implementing evidence-based strategies into practice.
- Examine the physiological mechanisms involved in or contribute to weight management and treatment modalities through evidence-based research.
2015 WM DPG Symposium
Thank you to everyone that attended the 2015 WM DPG Symposium!
- Attendees can access handouts and CPEUs by clicking the "Symposium Handouts & CPEUs" tab to the left.
- The Symposium Sessions were Audio-recorded and are available for purchase. Click on the "Symposium Audio Recordings Purchase" tab to the left.
Symposium Handouts are Only Available to Symposium Registrants
If you are a Symposium registrant and are seeing this message, please log in and return to this page to view the Symposium Handouts.
WM DPG 2015 Symposium Sessions Audio Recordings
- Access Purchased Audio Recordings (Note: if you have previously purchased audio recordings access, please log in to view your audio recordings)