Our dietetic practice group connects the public, scientific organizations, and industry to dietetics professionals with an expertise in weight management.
WM DPG continually strives to provide our members a wealth of information, tools, and resources to maximize their effectiveness in providing weight management nutrition services and programs to patients, clients, and customers.
Empower members to be the nation's weight management and lifestyle change leaders.
Optimize the nation's health through weight and lifestyle management.
Become a WM DPG Member and receive the following member benefits and more!
As a member of WM DPG, you will have opportunities to network with others across the country to share your interest and expertise in the prevention and treatment of overweight and obesity. Our mission is to help you meet your career goals through our resources, continuing education activities, networking, and advocacy for our profession.
The membership year runs from June 1 through May 31. New members for the current year are accepted through January 31. If you join after this day, your membership and benefits start June 1. Once you have joined WM DPG, you will be sent a welcome letter and you will start receiving our printed, quarterly newsletter, Weight Management Matters. In addition, you will have access to online resources, continuing education offerings, and much more.
- To join online, go to the Member’s Only section of the Academy’s website.
- Go to the Online Business Center and login using your Academy login information.
- Click on “Academy Payments” and scroll down to “DPG Enrollments.”
- Click on the “WM” box (DPG-26) and the “Pay by Credit Card” button to process your WM DPG enrollment.
- NOTE: It takes a minumum of two business days for your new WM DPG membership to become active on the WM DPG website.
Call the Academy
- Phone the Academy 1-800-877-1600 extension 5000.
- Cutting edge, quarterly Weight Management Matters newsletter offering four CPE articles per year
- Informative webinars on a variety of weight management-related topics, offered at low or no cost, providing inexpensive CPEs
- Updated, informative, and resource-packed web site (includes archived CPE newsletters & webinars)
- Online WM DPG CPE Assessment Center for one-stop acquisition of WM DPG-related CPEUs
- Educational exchanges among members via the WM DPG Yahoo Groups! Electronic Mailing Lists (EML)
- Bariatric Surgery and Pediatric Weight Management Subunits with Yahoo Electronic Mailing Lists (EML)
- Coaching Special Interest Group with Yahoo Electronic Mailing Lists (EML)
- Member rate for annual WM DPG Symposium
- Numerous awards and travel stipends for members to attend professional development meetings
- Weight management-related WM in the News research updates with a NEW robust citation list of WM-related research articles (with links to PubMed) and extensive research definition list
- FNCE activities, including member networking events and sponsored educational programs
- Bi-weekly WM e-News Updates emails highlighting current events and weight management-related news
- Opportunities for leadership and professional growth
Students can now join the WM DPG for a discounted rate of $15, a savings of $10 off the regular membership rate. However, a reduced rate does not equal reduced benefits. Student members of WM DPG are entitled to the same benefits as regular members! The Student’s Corner section of the newsletter and the Student’s Corner section of the website have been developed just for you. Please share the good news with any Academy student members.
The membership year runs from June 1 through May 31. New members for the current year are accepted through January 31. If you join after this day, your membership and benefits start June 1.
Student Membership Application
Students may contact the Academy by phone at 1-800-877-1600, extension 5000 (Member Services) to become a member of WM DPG. You must be an Academy student member to join WM DPG. If you are a current Academy member and wish to join WM DPG – contact the Academy at the above number, or join online:
- Go to the Member’s Only section of The Academy’s web site
- Go to the Online Business Center and login using your Academy login information
- Click on “Academy Payments” and scroll down to “DPG Enrollments”
- Click on the “WM” box (DPG-26) and the “Pay by Credit Card” button to process your WM DPG enrollment
For more information about WM DPG Student membership, please contact WM Student Services Coordinator.
Any individual, organization or not otherwise eligible for Academy membership may join as a “Friend of WM DPG.” To join as a “Friend of WM DPG” please email:
- Non-Academy individual: $50 per year
For questions about general WM DPG membership, please contact